I hope everyone had a great weekend. This past week was extremely busy for me, but I had a blast! Here are some of the highlights from the week/weekend:
- Tuesday night I got to spend some time with the students at WKU’s BCM. I had a lot of fun, and I hope I get to do it again.
- Friday night we went to watch Butler Co. play at Grayson Co. They over came a 14-3 deficit to win 17-14. They have a pretty good team this season.
- Saturday I went to Paducah to teach a couple breakout sessions at a Super Saturday conference. My Father-in-law, Rocky, went with me, and we had a good time.
- What wasn’t so fun was West Virginia laying a big egg against East Carolina. I had really hoped this would be the year….but it’s only week 2…they could win out and still have a shot, right? I am clinging to that so I can sleep at night!
- Saturday night one of our elders, Steve Taylor, shared his story at the jail, and our Youth Band [aka Hollow Drive] played a great concert. Those guys are sooooo talented!
- Sunday was a great day at MCC! Our newly remodeled kids areas were open for business, and everyone seemed to love it! Our volunteers are so great! I really appreciate all the people who made yesterday possible for our kids.
- We continued our “Intersections” series by talking about “Where do God and religion meet?” We talked about the danger of religion when traditions and beliefs are the only focus, and how our beliefs should propel us to act…to be the kinds of people that God is shaping us to be.
- I love this quote from Marcus Borg in The Heart of Christianity: “Faith is the way of the heart, not the way of the head.”
- The Intersection between God and religion is when our beliefs move from our heads to our hearts, which leads to action!
- Our student ministry [STUCO.] hosted a luncheon for parents after the 10:30am service. The meal was great and our student pastor, John Lovell, did a great job sharing his vision and heart for our students.
- After a little time relaxing at home, Carla and I spent last night hanging out with her parent’s and their foster child…she is so adorable! We had a great night.
How did you spend your weekend?
I hope all of you have a great Monday!
husband. father. pastor. U2 fan. coffee enthusiast. avid highlighter. master of the obvious.